At Agape First, we are a people who:
- Love God First
Intimate relationship with God – doing the hard work of securely attaching to God by connecting with Him and knowing Him intimately, interactively, and personally.
- Love Ourselves in Christ
by finding and walking in our identity in Christ. Walking in justification by faith and being sanctified, wearing Christ’s robe of righteousness. Victorious.
- Love other people
like God loves us – all people, even those who are different from us or hate us, doing unto all others as we would have them do to us.
- Walk in the Spirit
– Sermon on the Mount lifestyle
– Following the Great Commission (Matthew 28)
– Fruit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Self-Control, Gentleness and Faithfulness (Galatians 5:22-23)
– Gifts: tongues and interpretation, prophecy, teaching, preaching, encouragement, giving, wisdom, understanding, council, fortitude, piety, fear of the Lord (1 Corinthians 12:8)
– Walk in humility and forgiveness
- Are open to all the healing
that God has for us by living a connected lifestyle with Immanuel.
- Share the truth that Jesus transforms
Contending for the faith, scripturally faithful, and bold in witness.
- Live a disciplined life out of love (1 Corinthians 9)
– Holy and pleasing to God, a living sacrifice
-Praying and fasting
– Lifestyle of discipleship, both discipling and being discipled
– Faithful, “even if” — we have counted the cost
- Walk as a family
Securely attached to each other
Culture of honor and respect, Not judging or assuming
Intentional listening, focused on what is being said – receive, summarize, acknowledge, and ask
Always encouraging, assuming the best (see like Jesus sees)
Open, honest, authentic relationship with each other – honest with each other
Outdoing each other in honoring and showing honor
Pray for each other
Compassionate (sharing in each burdens and celebrate victories)
Humble (not trying to self-justify but humbly acknowledge our mistakes)
- Adhere to these Common Statements of Faith
– Infallibility of Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16)
– Nicene Creed
- Our Statements of Faith
What We Believe